New Era Educational and Charitable Support Foundation is happy to announce the appointment of a Fundraising and Special Projects Manager in Volunteer Capacity. He is David Svaluto, a Canadian Citizen; a highly motivated and innovative professional with a wide variety of work and volunteer experience in Provincial and Municipal Government, and customer service sectors with extensive practice in written and verbal communication, market campaign analysis, qualitative and quantitative research, etc.
David Svaluto holds a Post Graduate Certificate at the Seneca College as well as a Bachelor of Arts Degree, majoring in Classical Studies from the Queen’s University, specializing in History, Political Studies, and Languages (Italian, German and Latin). David Svaluto comes to New Era Educational and Charitable Support Foundation with great experience in international communications, media relations, investor relations, public relations writing, and strategic communications and government relations. In May 2012 David received the ‘President’s Honours Award for Highest Academic Standing’, and completed studies with a consistent 4.0 GPA. David had previously served as Communications Intern with the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority. Prior to this, David also served as Research Assistant with the Archaeological Excavation (Basilicata, Italy) from July – August 2008. David’s appointment takes effect from Monday, September 3, 2012.
Key Role and Responsibilities
•Researches and identifies new government and private funding opportunities.
• Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
• Generates revenues for the organisational activities through timely submission of well-researched, well written and well-documented fund-raising proposals.
• Maintains and implements funding calendar activities.
• Writes reports to government, foundations and other funders.
• Acts as liaison with program staff.
• Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match institutional priorities, using research tools.
• Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations.
• Engages with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
• Special projects as needed.
• Develops a donor database and undertakes training with all staff members on its use.
• Assists in serving as a clearinghouse for the Foundation for all philanthropic grant requests, in consultation with the Foundation’s Executive Director.
• Trains Foundation staff on effective proposal writing.
New Era Educational and Charitable Support Foundation is a unique Organization on a mission to build, support and empower teams of youth with capacities to emerge from a life on the streets, drugs and dysfunctional families, to becoming leaders capable of helping themselves and their communities. We are leading a movement that connects youth, educators and communities and empowers them to transform themselves from recipients of information and resources into valuable, contributing members of their communities.
Our values include
(1) a sense of belonging to a common humanity, (2) respect and consideration for all people, (3) compassion and non-violence, (4) a commitment to preserving the natural environment, and (5) a social service ethic.